Access Business Conference and Xhibit After Hours Presented by Oracle
If you missed online registration you can still pay at the door!
8:30am - Registration
9:00am - Welcome and Opening Comments
9:15am to 10:00am - Morning Keynote Speaker:
Professor Brad Bernthal, Entrepreneurship Initiative Director, Silicon Flatirons Center
Why Do People "Give First?"
Many entrepreneurial systems, ranging from accelerators to incubators to universities, assemble networks of volunteer experts to help startups. Often known as mentors, these experts voluntarily contribute their expertise and social capital to new startups. Such volunteer is so common that it has a catch phrase within the startup community: "give first." Without direct compensation or the promise of a publicly available good, why would a highly accomplished mentor give away their valuable time? Professor Bernthal examines the motivation of volunteer mentors who contribute to startup efforts.
10:15am to 11:15am - Access to Capital Panel Discussion
- Guaranty Bank & Trust
- Colorado Lending Source
- Colorado Enterprise Fund
11:30am to 12:45pm Lunch and Keynote Speaker:
Broomfield Mayor Randy Ahrens - 3rd Annual State of the City and County Address
Mayor Ahrens will provide highlights from 2015, upcoming projects for Broomfield and other interesting updates. The Address will be followed by audience questions, giving you direct access to your local government.
1:00pm to 2:00pm - Breakout Session #1:
- How to Get Local Customers with Social Media, Email Marketing and SEO - Presented by Ramblin Jackson. Ramblin Jackson's President, Jack Jostes and Account Manager, Murphy Alafaginis, will show you how to increase sales for your small business utilizing Email Marketing, Social Media best practices, local SEO tips and more!
- Bridging the Gap of Misunderstanding Between Corporate America and Our Nation's Veterans. Presented by SOLIDRed Concepts, Chris Schafer and Dr. Brent Carter will debunk the myths and misconceptions of veterans and their ability to fit into corporate culture. Learn how to leverage the skills obtained in the military that are difficult to put into words and rarely outlined on a veterans resume.
- Speed Lending
- Creating Your Organizational Culture: Aspire. Hire. Fire. This is a session to spark you and your team. Leon Cerna, a human resources expert with The HR Advantage Group, will talk about shaping your organization: What separates you from the competition? Why are you in business? Are the people you hire reflective of that spirit? Three takeaways of the session...1. Uncover your entrepreneurial spirit. 2. Techniques to uncover and retain talent. 3. Breaking-up is not as hard as you think.
- The 51 Fatal Business Errors and How To Avoid Them - Starting a business is easy! Successfully running a business can be a challenge. Rick Pratt has been a small business owner for more than 30 years and knows just what ou are going through. Learn from other business owner's successes and failures. This fast paced workshop will help you avoid the high cost of yet another Degree from The School of Hard Knocks.
- Speed Lending
- Relationship Building: Grow Your Network - Grow Your Business with Philip Pelto, MyFirestorm, LLC. V = N2 This is Phil Pelto's formula for networking success. In this session, learn what it means and how you can apply it to your business and relationship building efforts. You'll also learn the underlying philosophy and approach to growing your business by growing your network and you will walk away with the tools you need to network at the Xhibit After Hours at 4:30pm.
Enjoy a great business expo with networking, food and two drink tickets!
Here's what people are saying about this event!
"It was a very FRUITFUL and POWERFUL day that touched on a variety of areas regarding running a business. I was not disappointed."
"Good BALANCE between presentation time and networking time."
"This was my first time attending and I was really impressed with all of it. ..from planning and execution to the informative speakers and all of the handy RESOURCES provided."
"The day went by too fast - the information in all the presentations was extremely informative and helpful. I felt EMPOWERED afterwards to work even harder on my business utilizing the new tools I learned at the conference."
"All I can say is WOW! This event provided me with a ton of valuable information that I am implementing in my business right away. I will definitely be putting this event on my calendar every year!"
"What a FANTASTIC event! I learned so much and felt like I got so much value. Great contacts made and an awesome happy hour!"
So, REGISTER TODAY! Make time to work ON your business rather than IN your business and enjoy the benefits and successes from your investment!
Brought to you by the Broomfield Chamber of Commerce and the Broomfield Chamber's North Metro Denver Small Business Development Center satellite location (a partnership between the Broomfield Chamber, the City and County of Broomfield and Front Range Community College).